Wednesday 14 November 2012

Well, it sure has been a long time since I have been in here. My blog is feeling a little lonely and abandoned. And this time I am not going to even share something of my own. A fellow employee from IBM mailed me asking if I could ask if I could help circulate a survey request for his daughter who is doing a study on the connection between stress and breast cancer. Please take the time to read the letter and forward to any lady you know that has been impacted by breast cancer. Closing date for the survey is 30th 

Thanks & Regards,
Michael

Letter follows:

My name is Satoko Mii and I am a junior at Yorktown High School in Westchester County, New York.   I participate in a Science Research Program ( www.yhsresearch.org ) where my goal is to work on a research that will make a difference in saving lives.

Influenced by my mother’s breast cancer experience, I chose to study “The Effect of Psychological Stress on the Development of Breast Cancer”.   My father had a near death car accident 7 years prior to my mother’s breast cancer diagnosis.  I was two years old and we had no relatives in the U.S.  I have always wondered if this stressful event has had any effect on the development of my mother’s cancer after learning that most breast cancers develop over a number of years.  There have been limited studies on this topic with no conclusive results.  In fact, very few, if any, of the
previous studies have approached this topic from a “grass root” level.  Therefore, with your cooperation, I would like to move this study to the next level by reaching out to as many people as possible that would be interested and willing to participate in a short, online, anonymous survey.

If indeed correlations between psychological stress and breast cancer is found, it may be the first of many steps to alert health care professionals to this as well as potentially making stress management education a part of a routine physical examination.

With enough participation, I will be able to present my findings at various scientific fair and forums (e.g. Intel) where many judges are influential medical professionals and research scientists.

Please help make a difference by taking part in my research and/or passing this along to as many people you know in the hopes that it will find its way to women who have experienced breast cancer.

Here is the link to my survey.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BreastCancerAndStress   (by Nov. 30th)

It should take about 15-20 minutes to complete the survey.  If you have any questions about the survey or the science research course I am involved in, please contact me at breastcancerandstressstudy@gmail.com or my teacher, Mr. Michael Blueglass at yorktownhusker@aol.com

If after participating you would like to see the results of my study, please send me a separate email with “Please send survey results to…” in the subject and include your email address.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Satoko Mii

No comments:

Post a Comment